Monday, February 14, 2011

My Favorite book, by Maddie L., 5th grade

Do you have a favorite book? I do. It's called The Great Good Thing by Roderick Townley. I love the part when Claire reads the book. Sylvie is the princess in the book. Claire and Sylvie became best friends.

You couldn't stop reading this book. I don't know how my mom got me to stop reading. This book is a page turner. It makes you feel like the characters are alive.

When Claire starts to dream about Sylvie and her friends they crossover into Claire's head. I really love when Claire got old and died. But Lilly, Claire's daughter, started dreaming about them.

I also like when Sylvie and everyone else crossover to Lilly's mind. Lilly rewrites the book, The Great Good Thing. The weird part is no one ever knew who originally wrote The Great good Thing. Claire's grandmother wrote it.

I would recommend this book to everyone, because it is such a fun book about two girls' lives. I hope you read it. I also hope you enjoy it too. I loved this book and you will too.

Review by Maddie L., fifth grade student, Fort Myers Christian School
Accelerated Reader: YES!
Reading Level: 4.4
Quiz Number: 51863
Points: 4.0

No comments: